Solution for Campus Environments
Although video surveillance leads the way, schools and other campus facilities will be safer, smarter and more efficient through real-time connected intelligence. True campus safety encompasses more than the use of the cameras, and sole use of cameras for campus security involves the following risks:
■ Privacy concerns.
■ Unmonitored areas where drugs, sexual assaults, bullying and vandalism occur.
■ Cameras that lack intelligence and analytics.
Situational awareness challenges include:
■ Focus on specific areas of a campus, excluding linked or nearby crime.
■ Separate systems for access control, video management, license plate recognition, fires, and social media.
■ Multiple security personnel monitoring the system to manage critical assets and incidents.
Benefits for Campus Security:
- Implements student database integration with a facial-recognition system for classroom analytics.
- Integrates mobile phone-based panic alarm and location identification.
- Includes video and building integration – cameras, access control, fire alarm, AC, HVAC system, lighting control, smoke detection and more – for improved situational awareness in active shooter situations.
- Helps prevent crime and deter criminal behavior.
- Ensures safer and more secure environments for both students and faculty.
- Helps first responders with live situational awareness.
- Prevents vandalism.
- Enables information exchange without being limited by proprietary systems.
- Allows remote access to off-site live video from campus police vehicles and body-worn cameras.
- Integrates with third-party systems.